People are becoming more health conscious than ever. A lot of people are waking up to the fact that fast, processed and convenience food, how much convenient it may be, is disastrous to your health in long run. What’s the solution? Homemade, fresh and nutritious food! Well, to make food at home, you need the right utensils and appliances as well and you need to know some simple kitchen hacks.
To prepare a meal with fresh food is not too difficult, but to serve an attractive and nutritional meal without the right appliances is an art. The person who can whip up a meal with confidence and skill is the one who has carefully studied the secret of using the right kitchen appliances properly. To help even the most inexperienced cooks to launch out and try some fantastic new recipes, here are 10 simple kitchen hacks that make a huge difference –
- With the festive season almost upon us, the novice carver shouldn’t attempt an electric carver but rather choose a thin-bladed carving knife, and have it well sharpened before starting the meal. A roast joint of meat should always be served on a platter large enough to hold not only the roast, but also the carved portions of meat.
2. Its the time of year for lots of parties. Instead of plain ice, add frozen berries to your drink and enjoy a burst of tropical flavor.
3. If you don’t have a knife sharpener, turn over a coffee mug and run the knife along the rough edge of the mug about 20x on each side.
4. Always cut across the grain of the meat, remembering to cut ham very thing, while mutton, pork and veal can be cut considerably thicker.
5. Your succulent roast will look even more appetizing if surrounded by golden-brown roast potatoes, interspersed with buttered corn, carrots and greens.
6. Keep extra chopped garlic fresh for up to a week in the refrigerator by covering it with olive oil and storing it in an airtight container.
7. Make cream and cottage cheese last longer by storing the container upside down in the fridge. This forms a vacuum effect that slows down the growth of bacteria.
8. To find items quickly, choose attractive see-through glass. Make sure to choose those jars with rubber seals to lock freshness and also protect from ants. For sheer convenience, check that the jars can go from the fridge to the microwave.
9. Tired of your bread losing its freshness too quickly. Pop a celery stick into the bread’s plastic bag containers and leave overnight. The bread slowly absorbs the humidity from the celery, keeping i fresher far longer.
- Invest in a fantastic magic non-stick liner which is heat-resistant up to 260C. You’ll love the way food literally just glides off, and the liner can go into the dishwasher too. This is available online at Lakeland.
With these useful tips, you can be sure that you can ensure your kitchen is filled with useful, time-saving charm.